When it comes to augmented reality, we can only experience it in specific ways, via a glass device, or a device placed in the head, or through some apps. If you want to purchase smartglasses and you don’t know where to start, this article is for you.
These ones come from Israel, and they cost $649. This design is very popular and respected in the AR world. They come with a lot of features, at the best one has to do with the battery life, which lasts for hours. There’s also a high-quality front camera, and it has connectivity options like GLONASS, GPS, ANT+, among the well-known Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Battery life: up to 8 hours
- Front camera: 13.2MP
- Touchpad and optional controller available
Cons: if you want to combine them with other accessories, then it might cost you a lot of money.
These ones come from the US, and they cost $499. This one is another respectable device from the AR world, and it was specifically made for those who are into sports. We are talking about runners, cyclists, pretty much everyone can benefit from this device. The price is quite good, and the headset also measures the performance of the user when it comes to power, speed, and heart rate. And all of these, besides the audio, video and AR app use.
- The price is very affordable if we are to take into account its features
- The performance trackers are amazing
- The AR apps come in handy
Cons: the battery life only lasts for 5 hours
Epson Moverio BT-300
These ones come from Japan, and they cost $699. These glasses have some amazing specs, and the price is worth the material. The display is HD and high-resolution, with a 5 MP camera that’s almost perfect, according to its users. There are also many apps to discover and a lot of useful content.
- The OLED display comes with 720p HD resolution
- You can get in control of drones with the drone edition
- The battery life is quite good
- They come with a controller
Cons: the FOV is small: 23°. You only get a 32GB microSD card
Google Glass Enterprise Edition
These ones come from Japan, and they cost $1.800. They are also known as the Google “EE.” We are talking about an updated version of the AR smartglasses from Google Glass and Google Glass Explorer. The upgrades speak for themselves: an assisted GPS, the Wi-Fi connection is more reliable and faster, the processor is faster, and the camera got its update, as well. The best thing is that Google has listened to the feedback, and they came up with some fantastic changes. However, the device is made for businesses.
- The battery lasts up to 8 hours
- The upgrades are better with these ones than they were with the earlier versions
Cons: the price is quite expensive, and it’s only available for businesses.
These ones come from the US, and they cost $999. This is yet another pair of glasses that is specifically made for businesses. But it comes with a fantastic feature – the great memory, and a vast range of connectivity. The app platform comes together with excellent content. Even better: these glasses are compatible with iOS and Android.
- They also have to offer iWear, M100 and Blade Smart Glasses.
- The internal memory is of 64 GB.
- The content is abundant from the through VUZIX Basics™ Apps platform
- A lot of other accessories are available for purchase.
Cons: the battery life only lasts for 2 hours. If you want to use an external battery, that might get you to 4 hours.