Red Dead Redemption 2 is an open-world, western-themed video game developed and published by Rockstar Games. It was first released on PS4 and Xbox One on October 26.
PC-user fans of Red Dead Redemption 2 have finally received what they wanted, as the game has recently been released on their platform, on November 5. However, things were not looking very good, as many issues have been reported. This determined Rockstar to launch an update that fixes a variety of issues related to crashes, and launching fails. The update rolled out on November 5.
The Epic Games Store encountered some crashing problems with the game as well, but they have been fixed. According to multiple Reddit posts, while crashing problems were eliminated, there are still some issues related to audio and FPS drops. Fortunately, Rockstar announced it would address them as soon as possible.
Below, you can see a complete list of the patch notes for the update that was released recently.
• Fixed an issue that caused the Rockstar Games Launcher to return an error with the message “The Rockstar Games Launcher failed to initialize” on startup
• Fixed an issue that caused the Rockstar Games Launcher preload decryption to get stuck and not completing
• Fixed an issue that caused the Rockstar Games Launcher to return an error with the message “The Rockstar Games Launcher exited unexpectedly” when attempting to launch Red Dead Redemption 2
• Fixed an issue that caused a bunch of crashes when starting the Rockstar Games Launcher from the Epic Games Launcher
• Fixed an issue that caused the Rockstar Games Launcher to return an error with the message “Unable to launch the game, please verify your game data” when attempting to launch Red Dead Redemption 2 from the Epic Games Launcher
Andreea Osu likes to think of herself as an adult that has her life sorted out. In reality, she is a young woman trying to find out what the real world is about. Her passions include medicine, psychology and anything tech-related. Writing is an occupation she picked up after finishing high-school and, according to her, seeing her articles published fulfills one of her childhood dreams.